Charitable Giving Program
At CEM, we believe so strongly in supporting our communities, that we give back 5% of our annual profits to charities that help improve the human condition.
Eligible Recipient Organizations
Participating organizations must be:
- Recognized by the United States IRS as a 501(c)(3) public charity (excluding the organization types listed in the “Ineligible Recipient Organizations” section), OR
- Accredited public and non-profit schools, school districts, colleges, and universities to which contributions are tax deductible under the IRS Code of the United States (excluding the organization types listed in the “Ineligible Recipient Organizations” section)
- Approved by CEM and must confirm compliance with program criteria to participate in the program.
Ineligible Recipient Organizations
The following are NOT eligible to participate:
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations (excepting church-affiliated outreach programs that provide a social service and are open to the entire community such as soup kitchens)
- Private foundations, personal trusts, individuals
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, political affiliation, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law
Eligible organizations need only complete the one-page application form to be considered for funding by April 30 of any given year. All applications will be reviewed by CEM’s current staff. Each staff member will vote for three applications. Available funds will be distributed to the top three vote getters, according to percentage of votes garnered. Funds will be paid out during June of the same year. Organizations that receive funds in one year are eligible to apply for funds the following year.
The interpretation, application and administration of the Program (which may be suspended, changed, revoked or terminated at any time) will be determined by CEM. CEM also reserves the right to determine whether any gift complies with the program guidelines, and/or is consistent with its goals. Applications will only be shared with current CEM staff, and will not be shared with any other organization.
CEM accepts applications for our Charitable Giving program from April 1 – April 30 of each year.